Self Fundraising methods and fund raising ideas are explained, how a nonprofit ngo organization shall raise funds from donors who donates for social cause and social welfare.
Local Fundraising is explained here, that, how a nonprofit ngo organization shall raise funds for their organization towards social issues and causes within their local network. Some simple local fundraising methods and fundraising ideas may help the nonprofit ngo organization to resolve the need of the funds.
Be sure before fundraising:
1. Your organization has valid certification to provide donation receipts and tax relief certificates to the donors.
2. You are ready to provide feed back to the donors about the results of social welfare activity, for which the donor had contributed as a donation.
3. You are prepared to provide brochures, presentations, and bit notices towards the cause for fundraising and how the social publics are benefited.
4. Display the list of beneficiaries who enjoyed through their donations.
5. Be in touch with the donors to donate more or to refer new donors from their family, and friendship network.
6. be sure that your organization has the good name and reputation within the public community.
7. You are able to generate a volunteer network with training and workshop.
Fundraising for Corpus fund or General fund:
First be sure, that, your organization has a corpus fund or general fund. Several ngo has no corpus fund or general fund due lack of providing feed back to the donors.
Fundraising for a cause:
If your cause of fundraising is simple like conducting local medical camps, feeding local poor, or any other simple cause which don't need bulk funds, then it shall be raised through local funds. If the cause of fundraising and the cost of cause is high, then you have to look over for national or international fundraising.
Fundraising from individual donors:
When you receive donation from the donors, be prompt to provide valid receipt along with thanks card to them. Be informative and please provide feedback to your donors about the utilization of such funds through the local and public donations. Creating a local donor group or fundraising network with Volunteer: There are several good minded people, who are generous and having ideas, inspiration, and dedication to do for social cause. They are individuals who need an organizational leadership or roof to do such philanthropy activities. Collect information of such people and often meet them in direct through your organizational volunteers or arrange a meeting hall to sit with them to expose your vision towards fundraising for the organization. Volunteer who supports your organization shall play a major role in creating the donor group and fundraising network. So you can provide special training and workshop to get the best support of your volunteers.
Place donation box for fundraising in public:
The donation boxes which you place shall broadcast your achievement of past and your fundraising need of the present cause. You can place small donation box in the local public crowded places like hotels, restaurants, bus-stand, railway stations, community halls, recreation clubs and wherever public movement is high. But you have to get a special permission before placing such donation boxes from the local government authorities like Thasildhar, Municipal chairperson, District collector and revenue departments. You shall consult this matter with your Auditors who can help you in best way.
Fundraising by product selling:
1. If your organization has its own product manufacturing, then it shall sell their products to the donors and public people to raise funds. (Example Products: Candle, Flowers, Handicraft products, T shirts, Grocery items, Etc.,)
2. be sure you are delivering only quality products to your donor network.
3. Appoint volunteers to market your products, which result in best fundraising.
The above types of fundraising methods are not suitable for project fundraising, or the fundraising for schemes with high project costs.
Post your NGO PROFILE, which may help others to know about your Organization. Any Non Governmental organization from any country shall post their profile which is 100% free.
You shall post your Organization Video Links, You shall upload your Organization Project files and Much More. This NGO SEEK also helps the NGOs to find Volunteers, Donors, Sponsors and other needy for their NGO Projects.
Useful books for TRUST formation and Management
Useful books for Society formation and Management
Useful books for NGO fundraising
Useful NGO Books for NGO Management