Practical vision on Micro fundraising, This is not a academic definition.
We are not going to discuss about Micro finance here. Just Micro fundraising. "Little drops of water makes a mighty ocean" several of you have heard this slogan in your old school days. In fact many of us are not following the same.
Micro fundraising plays a major roles in emergency times. Those who has the habit of savings are familiar with micro fundraising. Lets think about it in a practical way.
How micro fundraising can work out for NGOs ?
1. Local small donation collection with proper receipt and credits. Do not go for CHIT fund like collection. It will put you in hell on a day. Be frank to public, donor or social activists about your cause and requirement.
2. keeping Donation box in public places for a real cause. Several public places like Bus-stands, Railway stations, Petrol Bunk, Medical Shops, Pan shops, Cinema Theater shops, Tea shops, Hotels shall permit you to place your Donation Box. You cannot monitor is daily but you can get help to keep those box in such public places under some one care and open it weekly once and save it for real cause.
Collection is different from savings. Micro fundraising is COLLECT & SAVE Process. When you collect such money straight away deposit in your organization's bank account
3. Seek the help of Auditors. Because they can help you to collect such micro funds from their clients who submit income tax returns in annual basis or half yearly basis. They can suggest to donate their clients to your organization when they file tax returns, which may help them to get some exemption under section 80g.
4. Publicity for a cause in public place under a temporary umbrella will help you to get micro fundraising. During this action, you should not propaganda about any spiritual or religious based slogans. Your cause should be real social cause which should draw the attention of every one to donate even small amount.
5. Keep hoarding and banners in pubic place about your micro fundraising. Do not waste your money by giving news paper advertisements. It will not work out for micro fundraising. Only local people support will be the main role in micro fundraising.
6. Approach Government officials during month beginning towards your social cause, they can help you with small amount of donations.
7. During the process of Micro Fundraising, several may not give small amount, they may think to do big. So explain them to participate to contribute in event sponsoring for Micro fundraising. Means to print banners and bit notices which may raise more funds. to meet those expenses, request them to sponsor.
8. Contact corporate company staffs during their PAY DAY. Make a schedule and make awareness about your social cause program to them. They will help you. For this you need to seek the help of management of the corporate concern, they will suggest their employees to help you through their notice boards.
9. Some organizations are selling their own handicraft products and raising micro funds by displaying it in public stalls and market places which was manufactured by their own volunteers or beneficiaries.
So Little Drops of Water makes a mighty Ocean.
Post your NGO PROFILE, which may help others to know about your Organization. Any Non Governmental organization from any country shall post their profile which is 100% free.
You shall post your Organization Video Links, You shall upload your Organization Project files and Much More. This NGO SEEK also helps the NGOs to find Volunteers, Donors, Sponsors and other needy for their NGO Projects.
Useful books for TRUST formation and Management
Useful books for Society formation and Management
Useful books for NGO fundraising
Useful NGO Books for NGO Management